Palm Springs Special Services

Special Wastes

Universal Waste
includes batteries, florescent light bulbs, and aerosol cans. Some universal waste can be handled by PSDS and some types may be disposed of at the County HHW cleanup twice a year.

can be picked up from your residence at no charge. This is part of a defined list of bulky wastes.

Animal Waste disposal services are available for large properties, ranches, and dog and horse training facilities. Service is by bin only and additional charges are incurred.

Medical Sharps and Needles are illegal to dispose of in trash cans, home recycling containers or green waste containers. State law requires home-generated sharps to be placed in approved containers for transport and disposal.

For more information, visit these Riverside County links:
Proper Disposal of Medical Sharps
Proper Disposal of Medication

eWaste Disposal
includes computers, TVs, cell phones and computer monitors that landfills no longer accept. PSDS will accept this material at no charge.

Special Services Overview

Bulky Item Pickup includes appliances, furniture, some auto parts, and some construction debris.

The Citywide Cleanup happens twice a year and provides residents an opportunity to set out additional compactible household waste at the curb for collection.

Document Shredding is available to commercial and residential customers and is offered weekly, monthly, or on a will-call basis.

Motor Oil Disposal is available to residential customers on a convenient curbside basis.

Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) includes a variety of wastes that may be accepted at the Palm Springs Permanent HHW Collection facility located at:
1100 Vella Road
Palm Springs, CA 92264

For more information on this facility, the proper disposal of HHW, and an annual schedule, please visit the Riverside County site.

Palm Springs Permanent HHW Collection Facility